Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I really was impressed with Chapter 7 of this book. I really believe in the nonlinguistical representions. I heard somewhere that 80% of communication is not with your words, but with the way you portray yourself (i.e. posture, facial expressions). I know that this chapter was talking a lot about making pictures and graphs for the students to look at. But I think another part of this is the way we act in front of them. If we act bored and tired so will they. If we treat a subject like it doesn't mean much so will they. If we treat the student like we dont believe they can learn the subject then they will start to believe it too. I think that once you are in the classroom or in front of students you need to act in such a way that you wont hinder their excitement to learn a subject even if its not something that you yourself are interested in.

No comments: