Thursday, September 11, 2008

2nd reflection

The second section of the book that I read was pretty redundant but also full of plenty of good insights and hints. The thing that I really agreed with was the part that talked about always posting your assignments in the same spot every single day. This made me remember an english teacher I had my sophomore and junior year in high school. I can say that I didn't really like english class that much. The reason I decided to stay in her class after my sophomore year was the fact that I knew the exact schedule of all our assignments and when they were due. They were all on a chalkboard on the left of the class. The chalkboard was made to look like a big month long calender. I always knew what was going to happen every single time I walked into her classroom. 
This also made the class run a lot more smoothly. There was no question what we were going to learn or do that day because everyone could see it in big letters on one side of the classroom. This made our so called "wasted time" go way down. Everything seemed to work out a lot more efficiently. 

1 comment:

gaw said...

Chalk board? Nice - has a good retro sound to it. Hopefully you remember the good and bad from past experiences and use those to tailor your own pedagogy.